If you are new to USU, and need to set up your strong password, visit https://myid.usu.edu. It requires you to know your A-Number and have a preferred email or mobile phone designated in your Banner record. If you do not have a preferred email or mobile phone, please call the IT Service Desk at 435-797-HELP (4357) or submit a photo ID displaying your full name at https://passwordreset.usu.edu. If you do not know your A-Number, select "I don't know my A-Number."
1. Select "I don't know my password"
2. Choose a PIN delivery method. Email is most reliable. If you do not have access to or do not have either of these set up on Banner, this will not work.
For new students, there will be no cell phone listed in Banner- only a preferred email. If you don't have access to or don't know what preferred methods are set in Banner you can call the IT Service Desk or use https://passwordreset.usu.edu.
3. A pin will be sent to either your email or mobile number (depending on which you selected). While you wait, you are redirected to the page below. DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THIS PAGE!
4. Below is an example of the email that will be sent to you:
5. Once you have put the pin in the page and selected a new password, please allow up to 15 minutes for the password to fully synchronize.