USU's Virtual Private Network (VPN) server creates an encrypted stream between your computer and campus to provide you with a secure, remote connection to the university network. Authorized users can access the university network from anywhere (home, hotel, conference, etc.) with a secure internet connection.
Download and run the VPN
- Go to sslvpn.usu.edu
- Login with your A# USU password
- Click on button to Download for MacOS
- Open the downloaded file (usually from from your Downloads folder)
- Double-click on anyconnect-macos-xxxx.pkg to start the installer. Accept the defaults in the installer.
- You will be required to accept the security exception by going to System Preferences-> Security and Privacy-> General. Unlock and click "Allow"
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the Applications folder.
- Type in sslvpn.usu.edu in the text box and click on Connect
- Enter your A# for the Username and your USU password for the Password and click on OK
Connect to the VPN
- If Cisco AnyConnect client is not running, launch it from the Applications folder. If it is running, right double click on the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the Menu Bar.
- Click on Connect.
- Enter your A# for the Username and your USU password for the Password and click on OK.
Disconnect from the VPN
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect client or right click on Cisco AnyConnect icon in the Menu Bar.
- Click on Disconnect.