USU's Virtual Private Network (VPN) server creates an encrypted stream between your computer and campus to provide you with a secure, remote connection to the university network. Authorized users can access the university network from anywhere (home, hotel, conference, etc.) with a secure internet connection.
Set up Using Cisco AnyConnect
- Go to https://vpn.usu.edu in a web browser.
- Login with your A# and password.
- Click "Download for Linux", note where you save it.
- In a terminal, go to the directory with the download and run:
sudo bash anyconnect-linux64-#.#.#####-core-vpn-webdeploy-k9.sh
- Run the VPN client, either through your system menu, or with:
- Enter the apprporiate configuration for connection:
- When prompted, login with your A# and password. If using the staff VPN configuration, enter a 6-digit duo code, or type the word 'push' in the second password field.